Because of the COVID-19 situation, the CACTE Executive Committee made the decision to move to a Virtual Conference for 2020. We encourage your attendance to hear the latest news from Dr. Sarah Heath, CO CTE Director, your Program Directors/CTSO State Leaders and CACTE. Join us online July 21-22 for the first ever CACTE CareerTech VIRTUAL Summit!
We look forward to holding a face-to-face Summit in Grand Junction in July, 2024, as well as the 2021 Summit in Loveland.
Watch this video message from CACTE President, Robert Van Dyke!
THERE IS A LOT OF VITAL INFO HERE – PLEASE KEEP READING!!! Exhibitors, please keep going past the schedule….
The CACTE CareerTech VIRTUAL Summit is an important piece of your overall professional development with a shorter format created to provide the maximum information and updating about Colorado CTE and your content area. You don’t want to miss this opportunity! We’ll be meeting from 9:00 am – 12:30 pm on Tuesday, July 21 and Wednesday, July 22, with optional opportunities each afternoon.
If you were already registered for the face-to-face CACTE Summit, we apologize, but you will need to register again for the Virtual Summit. For a variety of reasons, we had to start with a whole new registration site. If you have already paid via check, the paper check will be returned to your CTE Director. If you paid via PayPal, your registration will be refunded, minus the PayPal fees. This will begin happening the week of May 11.
Graduate credit from CSU is available (at additional cost) through the CCCS Professional Development CTE Common Checklist. Please go to http://coloradostateplan.com/educator/cte-professional-development-credit/ for more information. Credit for the 2020 CACTE CareerTech Virtual Summit will be available on the 2020-2021 Checklist.
|ACTE/CACTE MEMBER registration||$75|
|Non Member registration||$125|
|Registration plus one year ACTE/CACTE membership dues (new or renewal)||$225|
FAQs About CTE in CO and WBL Credentialing Sessions
- Neither CTE in CO nor WBL Credentialing are part of the CACTE Virtual Summit this year only. Due to the shortened schedule, there is not time to include them. Please see www.coloradostateplan.com for details about registering for the online version of CTE in Colorado for this summer or fall. Stay tuned to www.coloradostateplan.com for details about the WBL Credentialing Session.
- If you were registered for the all day “CTE in CO” Credentialing session, you already have been contacted by Sara Butler from CCCS about your options.
- If you prefer to do one of the free online sessions this spring or summer, you will be guaranteed entry into the class. The first online session begins Monday, May 11 – notify Sara Butler immediately of your interest in that session! (firstname.lastname@example.org). The second online session begins July 20 – be sure Sara Butler knows if you want to sign up for that session.
- If you prefer face-to-face learning and have time left on your initial credential, you can wait for the 2021 CACTE CareerTech Summit in Loveland. Just like this year, you’ll need to register early to get into the credentialing session for 2021 – your 2020 Summit registration does NOT roll over to 2021.
If you were registered for the half day Work-Based Learning Credentialing session, you will be contacted by the instructor, Emily Sherwood, about your options. A WBL online session is being developed and you will be guaranteed entry into the class if you desire.
FAQs: 2020 CACTE CareerTech VIRTUAL Summit
- Registration closes at midnight on Friday, July 10
- All payments should be received by CACTE by July 15; by June 30 if using this year’s Perkins money
- CACTE does NOT offer refunds for conference registration; if you are unable to attend, the registration may be transferred to another person by contacting CACTE, email@example.com.
- Download the CACTE W-9 form, if needed
- The program will be the HelloCrowd mobile app , with all the latest updates and notifications
- If you already made a room reservation with any of the 4 Main Street Hotels, please be sure to cancel it soon. They know that CACTE is not holding a face-to-face conference this year.
THANK YOU TO OUR EXHIBITORS for supporting the VIRTUAL SUMMIT!
SCHEDULE for 2020 CACTE CareerTech VIRTUAL Summit – tentative
|9:00 am-12:00 pm||Virtual Summit Technology Check-in|
|1:00-2:30 pm||Room Host Technology Check-in|
|3:00-5:00 pm||CACTE Board Meeting|
|9:00-9:20 am||Welcome & Introductions|
|9:20-9:25 am||Exhibitor Recognition|
|9:25-10:35 am||CACTE Annual Business Meeting/Officer Installation|
|10:35-10:55 am||BREAK w Exhibitors|
|10:55 am-12:30 pm||OPENING GENERAL SESSION, including Legislative Update and Colorado CTE State of the State w Dr Sarah Heath|
|12:30-1:00 pm||Virtual Visits with Exhibitors|
|1:00 -3:00 pm||CCCS Office Hours w Victoria Crownover, Jacqui Geiselman and Program Directors|
|9:00-9:20 am||Welcome Back; Greetings from CO Teacher of the Year!|
|9:20-9:50 am||CACTE Excellence Awards|
|9:50-10:25 am||Digging into CTE Learn|
|10:25-10:40 am||BREAK – move to “rooms”|
|10:40-11:30 am||Breakout sessions|
|11:30-11:35 am||BREAK – move to “rooms”|
|11:35 am-12:30 pm||CCCS Program Updates with Q&A|
|1:00-4:00 pm||Division Networking – Admin/CACTA, Business/CBE, Counseling & Career Development/CCD, FCS/CATFACS, Health & Public Safety/HPS, Special Pops/ACE, STEM/Arts/IT-SAI|
|9:00 am-12:00 pm||2020-2021 CACTE Board Orientation/Training|
2020 CACTE CareerTech VIRTUAL Summit
Exhibitors, your registration is now open! CLICK HERE for the opportunity to support the 2020 CACTE CareerTech VIRTUAL Summit in a variety of ways. 🙂 We appreciate YOU and the great support you show to Colorado Career & Technical Education!
With the new virtual format, we are offering a menu of Exhibitor options from which to choose. Thanks for your flexibility and patience as we explore this new way of doing conference.
|EXHIBITOR BASE FEE: your logo on the Virtual Summit webpage; your logo in the mobile app; recognition during the Opening General Session; “live” time with Summit attendees (~30 minutes over 2 time slots on T 7/21)||$350|
|PUBLIC POSTSECONDARY EXHIBITOR BASE FEE: your logo on the Virtual Summit webpage; your logo in the mobile app; recognition during the Opening General Session||$50|
|Advertisement in the mobile app – a PDF of what you might have put in a paper program||$100|
|Pre-recorded 60 second message to be played during one of the sessions, probably beginning or end||$50|
|Pre-recorded 20-30 minute breakout session, available to all conference attendees for 60-90 days after the conference||$150|
|Sponsor a virtual breakout room and get a 90 second message at the beginning of the session||$100|
|Sponsor a general session and get a 2 minute message at the beginning of the session||$200|
|Donate a gift card(s) for drawings during each session (CACTE could purchase and mail to recipients for you….)||$50 each|
|Donation to Colorado ACTE as a 501(c)(3) organization||variable|
- I’m still figuring out the technicalities of this Virtual Summit – bear with me as I have to be vague for now – learning more every day about how it works!
- TUESDAY, JULY 21
- 9:00 am – 12:30 pm Virtual Summit Activities – pre-recorded messages play throughout
- 10:35-10:55 am BREAK and “live” time w Exhibitors
- 12:30 – 1:00 pm “Live” time w Exhibitors
- 1:00 – 4:00 pm CCCS Office Hours
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 22
- 9:00 am – 12:30 pm Virtual Summit Activities- pre-recorded messages play throughout
- AFTER THE SUMMIT
- Your pre-recorded breakout sessions are available to Summit registrants