2021 Legislative Session
- 2021 CACTE Legislative Priorities
- 2/24/2021 CACTE Bill Report
- 3/24/2021 CACTE Bill Report
- 4/7/2021 CACTE Bill Report
- 4/22/2021 CACTE Bill Report
- 5/6/21 CACTE Bill Report
- 5/19/21 CACTE Bill Report
- 6/2/21 CACTE Bill Report
- 2021 Session ended 6/8/2021
- 6/13/21 CACTE Bill Report
- 2021 Legislative Session Final Report
- 2021-7-21 Tonette’s Legislative Update for CACTE Summit
A huge thank you to Teacher Cadet student from Ponderosa HS, Alessandra Tibbets, and Ponderosa Teacher Cadet alum, Ryan Miwa, now Assistant Principal at Arapahoe HS!!!! On March 31, 2021, they both testified before the CO Senate Education Committee in favor of SB21-185, on behalf of CACTE & Colorado CTE. Kudos to CACTE Legislative Committee Chair and Ponderosa HS Family & Consumer Sciences teacher, Kimberly Baldwin, for making the arrangements. And thanks to Tonette and Dylan for preparing Alessandra and Ryan to testify. Way to represent the Education and Training Pathway!
2020 Legislative Session
- 2020 CACTE Legislative Priorities
- 1/22/2020 CACTE Bill Report
- 2/5/2020 Tonette’s Legislative Update for CACTA Conference
- 2/5/2020 CACTE Bill Report
- 3/1/2020 CACTE Bill Report
- 3/16/2020 CACTE Bill Report
- mid March 2020 – COVID-19, the coronavirus, struck, creating havoc in all areas of life!
- 4/1/20 (no fooling’), the CO Supreme Court ruled that the Legislature can continue the 2020 Session beyond the scheduled May 6 end date. The date the Legislature will return to work in unknown at this point, but not before May 1 at that earliest. For the 53 days remaining in the 2020 session, they may break it up and do some of it in June and some latter in the year……..as for all of us, they are navigating uncharted waters……stayed tuned……
- 4/29/2020 Legislative Update from Tonette Salazar – please remember how quickly things are changing
- 5/18/2020 – from Tonette – Governor Polis issued an executive order about the $1.7B discretionary funds from the federal CARES act: $510M is going to K-12 education and $450M is going to higher education!
- 6/7/2020 Legislative Update from Tonette Salazar
- 6/30/2020 End of Session Report
- 7/21/2020 Tonette’s Legislative Update for CACTE Virtual Summit
- 11/17/2020 – there will be a Special Session of the 2020 Legislature to deal with COVID-19 issues
2019 Legislative Session
CACTE MEMBERS MAKING NEWS!
Tuesday, January 15, 2019 was a big day for CTE in the news and at the Capitol! CACTE member Eric Ward testified in support of HB 19-1008 before the House Education Committee. The bill addresses including CTE new facilities/equipment in the use of BEST funds.
And CACTE members Scott Burke, instructor, and Shelley Goerdt, Jeffco CTE Coordinator, made a News 4 Denver story happen with about 3 hours notice! News 4 Political reporter, Shaun Boyd wanted to visit a Skilled Trades class as she was covering HB 19-1008. CACTE connected her to the Geometry in Construction class at Green Mountain High School. Scott’s students did a fabulous job of illustrating why #CTE works wonders, talking about the specific and transferable skills they are learning by building a house for Habitat for Humanity!
Way to go, Colorado ACTE!
2018 Legislative Session
Final report by Tonette Salazar – power point presentation from CACTE CareerTech Summit Legislative Luncheon on 7/17/18: TSalazar.CACTE2018.legislative.update
2017 Legislative Session – Final Reports
2016 Legislative Session