Career and Technical Education Teacher of the Year
Recipients of this award must have made significant contributions toward innovative, unique and novel programs which are serving to improve career-technical-vocational education.
Individuals who are currently employed as full-time classroom/laboratory teachers in a career-technical-vocational education program other than at the baccalaureate level are eligible recipients for this award. Nominees must be classroom/laboratory teachers at the time of selection. Contributions and achievements on which the nomination is based should have been made within the past ten years.
The nominee should have been involved in some capacity in ACTE activities at the regional and/or national level and must have been a member of CACTE/ACTE for a minimum of the past five consecutive years.
Nominees recognized by persons outside their immediate field of endeavor and persons who have made contributions to education outside their field on state and national levels will be highly considered. Contributions to civic and philanthropic causes will also be considered. This award does not exclude any classroom teacher from nomination for any other CACTE/ACTE award. This is a competition award and only one individual will be selected.
1. Complete online application at: https://acte.nonprofitcms.org/a/organizations/CO/home
2. Provide a program description of no more than two pages.
3. Professional membership and activities, one page.
4. Professional contributions (may include presentations and publications), one page.
5. Training and experience background (to include educational training and work experience), one page.
6. Civic and community involvement (to include civic, fraternal and/or honorary memberships and contributions), one page.
7. Include a maximum of seven letters of support (two required). These letters should come from the following individuals:
- Nominee’s immediate supervisor
- An administrator
- Current or former student
- Parent or community lay person
- Three additional letters of choice
8. A current photograph, color or black and white, MUST be included.
All nominations must be completed online by June 1: