CACTE Outstanding Career & Technical Education Educator (Postsecondary Teacher or Administrator)
To recognize those career & technical educators not eligible for the ACTE Teacher of the Year Award, who have recently provided or currently are providing significant contributions to professional associations and career & technical education programs for youth and/or adults in their fields, communities and/or states. Recipients of this award must have made significant contributions toward innovative, unique and novel programs, and/or improvement, promotion, research or development of programs of career & technical education.
Individuals who are currently employed as full-time baccalaureate career & technical teacher educators, administrators, career & technical guidance counselors, program specialists and other individuals involved in career & technical education other than full-time classroom teachers are eligible recipients of this award. A nominee should have been involved in Association for Career and Technical Education activities at the state, regional, and/or national level and must have been a member of ACTE/CACTE for a minimum of the past five consecutive years. Former winners cannot be nominated. This is a competition award and only one individual will be selected.
Postsecondary Teacher of the Year-
For individuals currently employed as full-time postsecondary CTE teachers/educators
CACTE/Administrator of the Year-
For individuals currently employed as full-time CTE administrators, program specialists, coordinators, and all other CTE personnel and staff (not employed as teachers or guidance professionals)
1. Complete and attach the CACTE-ACTE-Member-Awards Application
2. Provide a program description of the applicant’s position and significant accomplishments for career & technical education, up to two pages.
3. Professional membership and activities, one page.
4. Professional contributions (may include presentations and publications), one page.
5. Training and experience background (to include educational training and work experience), one page.
6. Civic and community involvement (to include civic, fraternal and/or honorary memberships and contributions), one page.
7. Include a maximum of seven letters (two required) of support. These letters should come from the following individuals:
- Nominee’s immediate supervisor
- An administrator
- Current or former student
- Parent or community lay person
- Three additional letters of choice
8. A current photograph, color or black and white, MUST be included.
All nominations must be emailed to the Awards Committee Chair by June 1:
c/o Darrell Green
3099 Vivian Street
Wheat Ridge Colorado 80215