Outstanding Career and Technical Education Student
The award is meant to recognize a current CTE student (1 postsecondary; 1 secondary) who exemplify the mission of Career and Technical Education and who shows outstanding CTE professional commitment/promise. There are two awards:
- Outstanding Postsecondary CTE student
- Outstanding Secondary CTE student
Individuals must be enrolled in a career-technical education postsecondary or secondary program in the state of Colorado. This is a competitive award and only one individual at each level will be selected.
- Complete and attach the CACTE-ACTE-Member-Awards Application
- Provide a description of how the applicant fits the criteria for the award including, but not limited to, significant accomplishments within the career-technical education program, professional commitment and promise which may include memberships and activities, contributions to their school/program, special training and experience, and/or civic and community involvement. This description should be no more than 4 pages.
- Include a copy of the nominee’s resume.
- Include a maximum of seven letters ( two required) of support. These letters could come from the following individuals:
- Nominee’s CTE teacher
- An administrator
- Community member
- Nominee’s employer
- Additional letters of choice
- A current photograph, color or black and white, MUST be included.
All nominations must be emailed to the Awards Committee Chair by June 1:
c/o Darrell Green
3099 Vivian Street
Wheat Ridge, Colorado 80215