CACTE Outstanding New Career & Technical Education Teacher
The award is meant to encourage new teachers to remain in the profession. Recipients of this award must have made significant contributions toward innovative, unique and novel programs and have shown a professional commitment early in their careers.
Individuals who are currently employed as full-time classroom/laboratory teachers in a career & technical education program other than at the baccalaureate level are eligible for this award. Nominees must have taught in a career & technical education program for a minimum of three but not more than five years. (Applicants may be in their sixth year of teaching at the time of application). Age is not a determining factor. This is a competition award and only one individual will be selected.
1. Complete online application at: https://acte.nonprofitcms.org/awards/Organizations/CO/Home
2. Provide a program description of the applicant’s position and significant accomplishments for career & technical education, up to two pages.
3. Professional membership and activities, one page.
4. Professional contributions (may include presentations and publications), one page.
5. Training and experience background (to include educational training and work experience), one page.
6. Civic and community involvement (to include civic, fraternal and/or honorary memberships and contributions), one page.
7. Include a maximum of seven letters (two required) of support. These letters should come from the following individuals:
- Nominee’s immediate supervisor
- An administrator
- Current or former student
- Parent or community lay person
- Three additional letters of choice
8. A current photograph, color or black and white, MUST be included.
All nominations must be completed by June 1: