February is Career & Technical Education (CTE) Month and 2017 is the 100th anniversary of federal legislation supporting CTE programs. “Celebrate Today, OWN Tomorrow” is the theme. Check out www.ctemonth.org for ideas of how to celebrate at your school or workplace!
During CTE month:
-Inform students about the importance of choosing a CTE Pathway.
-Increase student awareness of careers, education and training.
-Strengthen student engagement through the Program of Study and CTSOs.
-Increase parent involvement and awareness of CTE programs.
-Promote discussion of postsecondary options – training, certificates and degrees.
Ways to celebrate:
- Make a video profiling successful alumni and where they work for use everywhere. Remember to send a copy to the Colorado CTE office.
- Dedicate a post and tweet every day to CTE Month and 100 Years of CTE. Use the hashtags #ctemonth and #CTECentennial
- Create a CTE Day at your school where every class does a career related lesson plan or project.
- Advocate for CTE and your program by sharing stories of your students’ success with your school board, community and legislative representatives.
- Submit someone for the “Who’s Who in CTE” Colorado Recognition Program. See below for details.
Please complete the form (takes 10 mins tops) for Colorado CTE’s “Who’s Who in CTE”!!
Link for “Who’s Who in Colorado CTE” Recognition for Teachers and Admin:
Link for “Who’s Who in Colorado CTE” Recognition for Students:
Link to “Who’s Who in Colorado CTE” Recognition for Business, Community, and Agency Partners: