There are some great opportunities for “deep dives” into topics helpful to all CTE educators. If you haven’t registered for the CACTE CareerTech Summit yet, be sure to click on the blue professional development link when you see it. If you’ve already registered, it’s easy to add a PD session – just go to the registration website, click on “edit registration”, click on the blue professional development link and add your choice. Check out the titles below and click on “Learn More” to learn more… 😉
- CTSO Adviser Training – all day – $50 – includes lunch – get help with your CTSO questions, whether new or experienced! Learn from the experts – our CTSO State Advisers.
- True Colors – all day – $95 – includes lunch – ever wonder why you and “that certain person” just can’t get along? Maybe you are gold and that person is orange – if you understand what that means, you can draw on each others’ strengths! Applicable in both the professional and personal realms.
- Youth Mental Health First Aid, Part 2 – 8 am – noon – $50 – Our youth are obviously struggling to manage their mental health! Learn strategies for helping them in these sessions. Part 1 happens Wednesday during the HPS Division Day afternoon, 1-5 pm. Complete this 4 hours as well to earn a certificate in Youth Mental Health First Aid.
- Boys in Crisis – 1 -4 pm – $50 – an interactive presentation with Tom Shannon with stats and challenges our boys face in today’s world and ideas for helping them cope. See more details HERE!
- Google for Education Crash Course – 1-4 pm – $50 – Learn how to make technology your friend and make your life easier! Mary Mullikin and Sahvanna Mease are Google certified educators who will help you learn to use the Google Apps to your advantage. Your Executive Director needs to take this session! 😉