- Keep members informed of legislation at the local, state and national levels which would directly or indirectly affect vocational, career and technical education.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with state and national legislators.
- Keep legislators informed of accomplishments and concerns of vocational, career and technical education throughout the year.
- Work closely with the Colorado Community College and Occupational Education System and ACTE on state and national legislation.
- Plan and organize local legislative action:
- Organize and maintain a rapid communications network among CACTE members so that immediate action can be set into motion when desired
- Be prepared to contact legislators by telephone calls, letters, telegrams, and personal contact.
- Report to the CACTE membership through the CACTE Newsletter.
- Maintain a permanent record of activities of the committee and file a summary with the CACTE Secretary at the annual CACTE Conference.