The CACTE Board voted to hold the 2021 CACTE CareerTech Summit in a virtual format, for the safety and well-being of our members. There are still too many unknowns and key people who wouldn’t be able to attend in-person. It will be bigger and better than last year, based on your evaluations and lessons learned! We are using the event platform, Whova, to offer a better and more interactive experience. The agenda will look more like our in-person event, as you requested.
EXHIBITORS, head to your own page!
- $250 for members
- $300 for nonmembers
- $400 for registration + 1 yr member dues
- Monday 7/19
- Attendee Tech Check, 9:00-11:00 am
- CACTE Executive Committee meeting, 1:00-2:15 pm
- CACTE Board Meeting, 2:20-4:30 pm
- Welcome/Networking Social Event, 4:30-5:30 pm
- Tuesday 7/20, ~ 9 am – 3 pm
- Mindfulness activity
- Opening General Session with Dr Sarah Heath & CO CTE Team
- 3 Breakout Sessions
- CCCS Office Hours – Perkins Questions, CTA Questions
- Legislative & Awards Committee Meetings
- Wednesday 7/21, ~ 9 am – 3 pm
- General Session w CACTE Business Meeting, Legislative Update w Tonette Salazar & CACTE Excellence Awards
- Program Director/CTSO Updates and content sessions
- Division Spotlight & Networking
- Social event 🙂
- Thursday 7/22, ~ 9 am -12:30 pm
- Mindfulness activity
- 2 Breakout Sessions
- Closing General Session w keynote speaker, Zach Mercurio
- Board Orientation/Training, ~1:15-4:15 pm
2021 CACTE VIRTUAL SUMMIT FAQs
- Need a letter for your administrator about why they should pay for you to attend the 2021 CACTE Virtual Summit? Here it is!
- Registration closes at midnight on Monday, July 12
- All payments should be received by CACTE by July 15; by June 30 if using this year’s Perkins money
- CACTE does not issue refunds for the Virtual Summit; instead you can substitute another person to use your registration. Please notify CACTE if you need to make a substitution. (email@example.com)
- Download the CACTE W-9 form, if needed
- Download the Whova app from your app store – everything you need will be available via Whova’s mobile app or desktop link around July 6th
- The “CTE in Colorado” Credentialing class will NOT be part of the Virtual Summit! Check www.coloradostateplan.com for late spring (reg opens 4/12/21) and summer (reg opens 6/28/21) online classes.
- Session recordings will be available to paid attendees on Colorado CTE Learn after the Summit – view those sessions you weren’t able to attend during the actual Virtual Summit!
- Graduate credit from CSU is available (at additional cost) through the CCCS Professional Development CTE Common Checklist. Please go to http://coloradostateplan.com/educator/cte-professional-development-credit/ for more information. Credit for the 2021 CACTE Virtual Summit will be available on the 2021-2022 Checklist.
If you are interested in presenting a breakout session at the 2021 CACTE Virtual Summit, please complete this form for your proposal to be considered. The breakout sessions will take place on Tuesday, July 20th and Thursday, July 22nd. Your proposal is due by April 23rd and will be reviewed by the CACTE Board. You will be notified by May 10th as to whether your proposal has been selected.
Don’t be shy! Every single one of you has something that another CTE educator could learn from – often the ideas presented at summer conference sparked my thinking – I may not have used the idea exactly, but it gave me a place to start. 🙂 Pick one lesson or project you do with students or teachers and write it up to share this summer!
Exhibitors, head to your own page about the Virtual Summit! Using Whova as our event platform will allow us to help you interact more with attendees, capture more leads, set up your own “exhibitor booth” and have a better virtual experience! We are definitely planning to be in-person in Breckenridge July 17-21, 2022!