Position Opening: Executive Director
The Colorado Association for Career and Technical Education (CACTE) is seeking candidates interested in applying for the part-time Executive Director position.
Since 1917, CACTE has been the largest state organization supporting Career and Technical Education in their efforts to prepare students for career and life success. CACTE’s members include teachers, administrators, teacher educators, career counselors, teacher candidates, business partners and other career technical professionals.
CACTE is affiliated with the Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE), the national organization for Career and Technical Education, and is comprised of ten divisions. CACTE’s leadership team includes an Executive Board (President, President-Elect, Past- President, Secretary and Treasurer) and the Board (Presidents from each Division).
CACTE’s goals are:
- Encourage further development of career and technical education by cooperating with and influencing local communities, schools and state
- Connect with local, state and national legislative groups with affect career and technical education.
- Maintain active state leadership in the promotion of career and technical education
- Render service to local communities and schools in promoting career and technical education.
Candidates interesting in submitting an application must provide:
- Cover letter discussing the following:
- What do you bring to the CACTE organization?
- What skills and attributes do you have that you can bring to the CACTE organization?
- How will you move the organization forward?
- Two letters of recommendation
Please send all application material to Katy Blatnick-Gagné at email@example.com.
Position closes November 30, 2016.
The duties of the Executive Director shall include:
- Perform general bookkeeping tasks
- Keep financial and membership records
- Make deposits, write checks, and invest funds as needed
- Develop an annual budget in cooperation with the Executive Committee
- Reconcile and maintain membership lists in coordination with ACTE
- File or have accountant prepare taxes, Sales Tax reports, reports as required by the IRS and the State of Colorado
- Assist CACTE Treasurer in acquiring required financial documents from CACTE Divisions for legal records and taxes
- Assist CACTE Divisions with maintaining their perspective bank accounts and tax free/ non-profit status
- Facilitate communications with the Executive Committee, Board, Members, ACTE, CACTE divisions, CCCS, the public, and others as needed through:
- Attend all Executive Committee and Board meetings
- Maintain CACTE records and archives
- Attend National Conferences (travel expenses, lodging and conference fees will be covered)
- ACTE Vision
- ACTE National Policy Seminar
- ACTE Region V Conference
- National Executive Directors Association (NEDA) meetings
- Coordinate annual CACTE conference and exhibits/vendors, including supervising hired staff
- Secure annual hotel, conference facilities contracts for CACTE conference
- Assist other Divisions with conferences as needed using CACTE accounts (CACTA, CATFACS, Special Pops)
- Secure outside funding when possible (grants, business and industries/vendors donations)
- Assist CACTE/CACTA and Lobbyist with legislative needs
- Participate in CACTA board meetings as CACTE representative
- Represent CACTE, Divisions and CTE at legislative meetings and as committee member when needed
- Assist CACTE Legislative committee with communications to both National and State legislators and committees
- Assist in coordinating Colorado Delegation for ACTE Policy Seminar (Legislative meetings, packets, hotels/condos, )
- Assist and coordinate and secure needed contracts for facilities for the annual Colorado ACTE “Day at the Capitol”
- Attend Colorado Division Conferences when requested
- Assist in promoting CTE Month of February
- Maintain the CACTE website, emailing services, and social media accounts
- Assist and work with Colorado Community College System CTE office on CTE issues
- Perform other duties as assigned by agreement of the Executive Committee or the Board
- Organization prefers an applicant who has leadership experience with CACTE and is an ACTE member
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Word, Excel, Desktop Publishing
- Accounting Software
- Website development and maintenance
- Email communications programs
- Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, )
- Knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting procedures
- Must be bondable
- Flexible hours, approximately 17 to 20 hours per week, but varies by
- $1,500.00 per month, for an annual contract of $18,000.00
- It will be the responsibility of the Executive Director to pay self-employment taxes
Office and Equipment
- Must provide own office and furniture
- Must provide own telephone/cell phone and internet service
- Laptop (less than 1 ½ years old) and filing system will be provided