July 15-19, 2018 at Beaver Run Resort in Breckenridge, CO
“CTE: Reaching New Heights!”
Plan now to attend the CACTE CareerTech Summit and join hundreds of your fellow CTE professionals at the most exciting Colorado CTE event of the year! Remember, CACTE members receive priority registration and discounted rates.
Graduate credit from CSU is available (at additional cost) through the CCCS Professional Development CTE Common Checklist. You can do the 2017-18 checklist if you need credit by summer’s end. If you can wait for credit, you can use the 2018-19 checklist when it becomes available. Please go to http://coloradostateplan.com/educator/cte-professional-development-credit/ for more information. Different this year – there will NOT be specific CSU credit for the CACTE Summit.
FYI: Beaver Run is a smaller conference space than the Loveland Embassy Suites. Registration for the CACTE Summit will be capped at 350 attendees; there will be a waiting list available.
MONDAY, JULY 16 – PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES!
- Credentialing Session is full at 100 people; there is a waiting list, so go ahead and register and cross your fingers!
- Raising the Bar for Learning with Technology, 8:00 am – noon, $50
- How do we help students learn today and prepare them for a changing world? A driving force behind this change is technology. It can empower every individual to create and make a difference in the world. But we need to raise the bar for what’s expected for learning with technology. Presented by Apple for users of all brands of computers
- Innovation in Schools, 1:30-4:30 pm, $50
- Technology is one of the driving forces behind innovation today. It’s more accessible and available than ever before, creating remarkable opportunities in the way people work, learn, and live. At Apple, we set the bar high for our technology because we’ve seen the difference it can make in people’s lives. When it comes to education, we’ve found that the most innovative schools in the world evaluate and improve their practices while paying close attention to the world their students will graduate into. And they innovate, not for the sake of innovation, but with vision to build relevant and inspiring teaching and learning communities. Presented by Apple for users of all brands of computers
- Concurrent Enrollment Summer Summit, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, $60 (includes lunch)
- Have questions about how to develop a positive and productive partnership for concurrent enrollment? Want to learn about best practices? Do you know what credential(s) are needed? Sign up for this session to learn all about it.
There are several steps in the process – be patient. Once you click “registering as an individual” and enter your email, you will see a page that looks exactly the same as where you just were. Keep scrolling! Complete the About You section (each email can only be used once) and the Survey. Then you’ll see 3 choices for Monday Professional Development – 2 exciting workshops presented by Apple, Inc. and new this year, the Concurrent Enrollment Summer Summit. If you want to attend, click the appropriate boxes. Next is the ever-popular CTE Credentialing Session. If you need this session, click the box.
Now you are ready to register for the actual conference! Pick the correct place to register, depending on your ACTE/CACTE member status. Then you’ll see a place to order additional meals. The Concurrent Enrollment and CTE Credentialing session fees include Monday lunch. If you want to have lunch between the two Apple sessions, you’ll want to purchase a ticket in this section. Conference registration includes Monday evening welcome buffet dinner, Tuesday breakfast/lunch, Wednesday breakfast/lunch and Thursday breakfast/lunch. Only purchase additional meal tickets if you have guest(s) who want to eat with us.
Press the “calculate order” button and follow the directions – you can do this! 🙂 Schools/Districts with numerous registrants that want to pay for everyone at one time should mark “pay by check” for each registrant, then email email@example.com with a list of names, amount owed per person and total amount. Debbie will create an invoice for your district.
To use Perkins FY18 funds that begin July 1, you cannot register until July 1. That’s why online registration is open until July 10.
EARLY BIRD MEMBER REGISTRATION RATES END MAY 15th, so don’t delay – register and make your hotel reservations today!
Mail checks to: CACTE, c/o Debbie Nelson, 2042 S Balsam St, Lakewood, CO, 80227-2475
EXHIBITORS, your support of Colorado CTE is greatly appreciated! Exhibitor registration is LIVE as of 3/28/18 and will continue through June 10. Click HERE to register as an exhibitor.
LODGING: The conference hotel is the Beaver Run Resort! The CACTE hotel block has multiple types of rooms – get together with your friends and save money by booking a studio or suite! Make your reservations by May 18 to assure the best rates. Click here for Beaver Run Resort reservations!
|ROOM TYPE||GROUP DISCOUNTED RATE PER NIGHT||SLEEPS UP TO
|Breckenridge Studio||$179||4 people|
|Colorado Suite||$189||4 people|
|Summit Suite||$199||4 people|
|One Bedroom Suite||$209||4 people|
|One Bedroom Suite – Building 4||$229||4 people|
|Two Bedroom Suite||$261||8 people|
|Two Bedroom Suite – Building 4||$261||8 people|
OVERVIEW OF CACTE CAREERTECH SUMMIT SCHEDULE
Sunday, July 15, 2018 – BOARD DAY
- Executive Committee meeting, 1:30 – 2:30 pm
- Board meeting and packet stuffing, 3:00 – 6:00 pm
- Board Dinner, 6:30 pm – ?
Monday, July 16, 2018 – PRECONFERENCE DAY
- Registration open 7:00 am – 5:30 pm
- CTE credentialing session w CCCS, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- PD-Raising the Bar for Learning with Technology with a team from Apple Education, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- PD-Innovation in Schools with a team from Apple Education, 1:30 – 4:30 pm
- NEW-Concurrent Enrollment Summer Summit, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- CTSO state officer training, 8:00 – 4:00 pm
- Exhibitors open 4:30 – 8:00 pm
- Welcome Buffet Dinner – plan to arrive in time to register! 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- After Party at The Hub, 7:00-9:00 pm
Tuesday, July 17, 2018 – GENERAL CTE INTEREST DAY
- Morning Walk, 6:30 – 7:15 am
- Registration open 7:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Division Meet & Greet/Continental Breakfast, 7:45 – 9:00 am
- Exhibitors open all day
- Opening General Session with keynote speaker, Mark Perna on “Using a Powerful Narrative to Revolutionize the CTE Paradigm”, 9:00 – 11:30 am
- General interest CTE breakouts, 11:40-12:30, 2:10-3:00, 3:30-4:20
- Legislative Luncheon, 12:40 – 2:00 pm
- Dinner on-your-own
Wednesday, July 18, 2018 – DIVISION DAY
- Yoga, 6:15-7:15 am
- Registration open 7:00 am – 12:00 noon
- Exhibitors open until 1:45 pm
- CCCS Update/Plated Breakfast, 7:30-9:15 am
- Division-planned activities, 9:45-5:30 pm
- Luncheon – sit by division, 12:00 – 1:15 pm
- Optional Division dinners or dinner-on-your-own
Thursday, July 19, 2018 – AWARDS DAY
- Morning walk, 6:30 – 7:15 am
- Registration open 7:15 – 8:00 am
- CACTE Business meeting/Plated Breakfast, 8:00 – 9:30 am
- General interest CTE breakout, 9:40 – 10:20 am
- Closing General Session with ACTE past president Lorri Carlile and CACTE Excellence Awards Presentation, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Box lunches – grab & go OR sit, eat and continue networking, 12:10 – 1:30 pm
- New Board Orientation & box lunch, 12:20-1:45 pm
Save July 15-19 – celebrate CTE Reaching New Heights at the 2018 CACTE CareerTech Summit!