The 2018 CACTE CareerTech Program is ready for your viewing pleasure! Take a few minutes to see what breakouts look good to you. Arrive by 5:00 pm on Monday to register before the WELCOME DINNER begins at 5:30 pm. Bring your favorite board game and/or swimsuit for the CACTE After Party on Monday evening. Come prepared for morning walks on Tuesday and Thursday and yoga on Wednesday morning – staying active is important to keep our brains functioning later in the day. 🙂 Bring your refillable water bottles – we are at 9,600′ – gotta drink plenty of water! Check out the plans your Division officers have for you on Wednesday. Help celebrate the CACTE Excellence Award Winners on Thursday. It’s gonna be a great time as “CTE: Reaches New Heights!”
Permanent link to this article: http://www.cacte.org/home/blog/2018/06/22/2018-cacte-careertech-program-now-available/
The CACTE Board voted unanimously to recommend acceptance of the proposed CACTE Bylaws Revision by the membership. The proposed CACTE bylaws revision will be voted on at the Annual Business Meeting on Thursday, July 19 during the 2018 CACTE CareerTech Summit. The document will be considered in its entirety.
- Click to read the current bylaws: 2010.CACTE.Bylaws
- Click to read the proposed bylaws revision: 2018-6.proposed.CACTE.bylaws
- Click to read a summary of the proposed changes: 2018-5.CACTE Proposed.Bylaws. changes.summary
If you will not be present at the meeting and would like to cast a vote, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, member number and vote (yes or no) by Friday, July 13.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.cacte.org/home/blog/2018/06/15/proposed-cacte-bylaws-revision/
July 15-19, 2018 at Beaver Run Resort in Breckenridge, CO
“CTE: Reaching New Heights!”
Plan now to attend the CACTE CareerTech Summit and join hundreds of your fellow CTE professionals at the most exciting Colorado CTE event of the year! Remember, CACTE members receive priority registration and discounted rates.
Continuing education credit from CSU is available (at additional cost) through the CCCS Professional Development CTE Common Checklist. You can do the 2017-18 checklist for the 2017 Summit if you need credit by summer’s end. If you can wait for credit, you can use the 2018-19 checklist for the 2018 Summit when it becomes available. Please go to http://coloradostateplan.com/educator/cte-professional-development-credit/ for more information. Different this year – there will NOT be specific CSU credit for the CACTE Summit.
FYI: Beaver Run is a smaller conference space than the Loveland Embassy Suites. Registration for the CACTE Summit will be capped at 350 attendees; there will be a waiting list available. As of June 15, there are 317 people registered.
MONDAY, JULY 16 – PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES!
- Credentialing Session is full at 100 people; there is a waiting list, so go ahead and register and cross your fingers!
- Raising the Bar for Learning with Technology, 8:00 am – noon, $50
- How do we help students learn today and prepare them for a changing world? A driving force behind this change is technology. It can empower every individual to create and make a difference in the world. But we need to raise the bar for what’s expected for learning with technology. Presented by Apple for users of all brands of computers
- Innovation in Schools, 1:30-4:30 pm, $50
- Technology is one of the driving forces behind innovation today. It’s more accessible and available than ever before, creating remarkable opportunities in the way people work, learn, and live. At Apple, we set the bar high for our technology because we’ve seen the difference it can make in people’s lives. When it comes to education, we’ve found that the most innovative schools in the world evaluate and improve their practices while paying close attention to the world their students will graduate into. And they innovate, not for the sake of innovation, but with vision to build relevant and inspiring teaching and learning communities. Presented by Apple for users of all brands of computers
- Concurrent Enrollment Summer Summit, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, $60 (includes lunch)
- Have questions about how to develop a positive and productive partnership for concurrent enrollment? Want to learn about best practices? Do you know what credential(s) are needed? Sign up for this session to learn all about it.
There are several steps in the process – be patient. Once you click “registering as an individual” and enter your email, you will see a page that looks exactly the same as where you just were. Keep scrolling! Complete the About You section (each email can only be used once) and the Survey. Then you’ll see 3 choices for Monday Professional Development – 2 exciting workshops presented by Apple, Inc. and new this year, the Concurrent Enrollment Summer Summit. If you want to attend, click the appropriate boxes. Next is the ever-popular CTE Credentialing Session. If you need this session, click the box.
Now you are ready to register for the actual conference! Pick the correct place to register, depending on your ACTE/CACTE member status. Then you’ll see a place to order additional meals. The Concurrent Enrollment and CTE Credentialing session fees include Monday lunch. If you want to have lunch between the two Apple sessions, you’ll want to purchase a ticket in this section. Conference registration includes Monday evening welcome buffet dinner, Tuesday breakfast/lunch, Wednesday breakfast/lunch and Thursday breakfast/lunch. Only purchase additional meal tickets if you have guest(s) who want to eat with us.
Press the “calculate order” button and follow the directions – you can do this! 🙂 Schools/Districts with numerous registrants that want to pay for everyone at one time should mark “pay by check” for each registrant, then email email@example.com with a list of names, amount owed per person and total amount. Debbie will create an invoice for your district.
To use Perkins FY18 funds that begin July 1, you cannot register until July 1. That’s why online registration is open until July 10.
Mail checks to: CACTE, c/o Debbie Nelson, 2042 S Balsam St, Lakewood, CO, 80227-2475
EXHIBITORS, your support of Colorado CTE is greatly appreciated! Exhibitor registration is LIVE as of 3/28/18 and will continue through June 10. If you didn’t get registered before June 10 and would like to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LODGING: The conference hotel is the Beaver Run Resort! The CACTE hotel block has multiple types of rooms – get together with your friends and save money by booking a studio or suite! Make your reservations by May 18 to assure the best rates. Click here for Beaver Run Resort reservations!
|ROOM TYPE||GROUP DISCOUNTED RATE PER NIGHT||SLEEPS UP TO
|One Bedroom Suite||$209||4 people|
|One Bedroom Suite – Building 4||$229
|Two Bedroom Suite||$261||8 people|
|Two Bedroom Suite – Building 4||$261||8 people|
OVERVIEW OF CACTE CAREERTECH SUMMIT SCHEDULE
Sunday, July 15, 2018 – BOARD DAY
- Executive Committee meeting, 1:30 – 2:30 pm
- Board packet stuffing, 3:00 – 4:00 pm
- Board Dinner, 4:15-6:15 pm
- Board Meeting 6:30-8:30 pm
Monday, July 16, 2018 – PRECONFERENCE DAY
- Registration open 7:00 am – 5:30 pm
- CTE credentialing session w CCCS, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- PD-Raising the Bar for Learning with Technology with a team from Apple Education, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- PD-Innovation in Schools with a team from Apple Education, 1:30 – 4:30 pm
- NEW-Concurrent Enrollment Summer Summit, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- CTSO state officer training, 8:00 – 4:00 pm
- Exhibitors open 4:30 – 8:00 pm
- Welcome Buffet Dinner – plan to arrive in time to register! 5:30 – 7:00 pm – notice that this is DINNER, not just a reception this year
- After Party at The Hub, 7:00-9:00 pm
Tuesday, July 17, 2018 – GENERAL CTE INTEREST DAY
- Morning Walk, 6:30 – 7:15 am
- Registration open 7:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Division Meet & Greet/Continental Breakfast, 7:45 – 9:00 am
- Exhibitors open all day
- Opening General Session with keynote speaker, Mark Perna on “Using a Powerful Narrative to Revolutionize the CTE Paradigm”, 9:00 – 11:30 am
- General interest CTE breakouts, 11:40-12:30, 2:10-3:00, 3:30-4:20
- Legislative Luncheon, 12:40 – 2:00 pm
- CACTE Legislative Committee meeting, 2:10 – 4:00 pm
- Dinner on-your-own
Wednesday, July 18, 2018 – DIVISION DAY
- Yoga, 6:15-7:15 am
- Registration open 7:00 am – 12:00 noon
- Exhibitors open until 1:45 pm
- CCCS Update/Plated Breakfast, 7:30-9:15 am
- Division-planned activities, 9:45-5:30 pm
- Luncheon – sit by division, 12:00 – 1:15 pm
- Optional Division dinners or dinner-on-your-own
Thursday, July 19, 2018 – AWARDS DAY
- Morning walk, 6:30 – 7:15 am
- Registration open 7:15 – 8:00 am
- CACTE Business meeting/Plated Breakfast, 8:00 – 9:30 am
- General interest CTE breakout, 9:40 – 10:20 am
- Closing General Session with ACTE past president Lorri Carlile and CACTE Excellence Awards Presentation, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Box lunches – grab & go OR sit, eat and continue networking, 12:10 – 1:30 pm
- New Board Orientation & box lunch, 12:20-1:45 pm
Save July 15-19 – celebrate CTE Reaching New Heights at the 2018 CACTE CareerTech Summit!
Permanent link to this article: http://www.cacte.org/home/blog/2018/06/15/2018-cacte-careertech-summit-registration-is-open/
Permanent link to this article: http://www.cacte.org/home/blog/2017/08/11/heres-to-another-century-of-helping-kids/
Thank you to these leaders who have stepped up for their career and technical education professional association! We especially appreciate Mimi Leonard serving as “honorary” past president, since Dr. Katy Blatnick-Gagne now lives and works in Lubbock, TX. Katy, thank you so much for continuing to serve as president through the 2017 CACTE CareerTech Summit, despite moving south in March – we couldn’t have done it without you!
Serving on the 2017-2018 CACTE Executive Committee are:
President: Jay Moore
President-Elect: Kimberly Baldwin
Secretary: Jen Girvin
Treasurer: Janny Jarvis
Honorary Past President: Mimi Leonard
Permanent link to this article: http://www.cacte.org/home/blog/2017/07/28/meet-your-cacte-executive-committee-2017-2018/
Thanks to the almost 200 CTE supporters who braved the chilly morning to rally on the west Capitol steps! We were joined by Senator Nancy Todd and Representatives Phil Covarrubias, James Coleman, Paul Lundeen and Hugh McKean. CTE is grateful for the shoutouts in the Senate by Nancy Todd and in the House by Phil Covarrubias and Hugh McKean. CTE Day at the Capitol also included advocacy training for students and adults – we practiced our elevator speeches to use later that day in legislative appointments.
Thanks to CATFACS President, Rob Van Dyke, for his efforts in organizing this successful event and the CTSO State Officers from DECA, FBLA and FCCLA for serving as emcees and trainers!
Permanent link to this article: http://www.cacte.org/home/blog/2018/02/19/2018-cte-day-at-the-capitol/