July 15-19, 2018 at Beaver Run Resort in Breckenridge, CO
“CTE: Reaching New Heights!”
The CACTE CareerTech Summit is designed to be an integral component of your overall professional learning plan with a format created to meet individual professional development needs and align with strategic-improvement plans. You will drill deeper and accomplish more by taking full advantage of a wide range of general CTE sessions, division-planned professional development, and time for networking with business and industry, all focused on what you need to succeed in your program, your institution and your community.
You don’t want to miss this opportunity! At the CACTE CareerTech Summit, you will:
- Hear from nationally renowned speakers
- Connect with your colleagues and leaders in Colorado CTE
- Mingle with CTSO state officers
- Experience firsthand the exciting future of CTE across Colorado
- Form beneficial new partnerships with the business and industry sector
- Energize your program by using what you learn to positively impact your students’ success
Plan now to attend the CACTE CareerTech Summit and join hundreds of your fellow CTE professionals at the most exciting CTE event of the year! Remember, CACTE members receive priority registration and discounted rates.
Graduate credit from CSU is available (at additional cost) through the CCCS Professional Development CTE Common Checklist. You can do the 2017-18 checklist if you need credit by summer’s end. If you can wait for credit, you can use the 2018-19 checklist when it becomes available. Please go to http://coloradostateplan.com/educator/cte-professional-development-credit/ for more information. Different this year – there will NOT be specific CSU credit for the CACTE Summit.
FYI: Beaver Run is a smaller conference space than the Loveland Embassy Suites. Registration for the CACTE Summit will be capped at 350 attendees; there will be a waiting list available. And the ever-popular Credentialing Session will be capped at 100 people. So act NOW!
There are several steps in the process – be patient. Once you click “registering as an individual” and enter your email, you will see a page that looks exactly the same as where you just were. Keep scrolling! Complete the About You section (each email can only be used once) and the Survey. Then you’ll see 3 choices for Monday Professional Development – 2 exciting workshops presented by Apple, Inc. and new this year, the Concurrent Enrollment Summer Summit. If you want to attend, click the appropriate boxes. Next is the ever-popular CTE Credentialing Session. If you need this session, click the box.
Now you are ready to register for the actual conference! Pick the correct place to register, depending on your ACTE/CACTE member status. Then you’ll see a place to order additional meals. The Concurrent Enrollment and CTE Credentialing session fees include Monday lunch. If you want to have lunch between the two Apple sessions, you’ll want to purchase a ticket in this section. Conference registration includes Monday evening welcome reception, Tuesday breakfast/lunch, Wednesday breakfast/lunch and Thursday breakfast/lunch. Only purchase additional meal tickets if you have guest(s) who want to eat with us.
Presenters have not been selected yet, so skip this section for now…..but please submit presentation proposals! See the previous post on the CACTE website.
Press the “calculate order” button and follow the directions – you can do this! 🙂 Schools/Districts with numerous registrants that want to pay for everyone at one time should mark “pay by check” for each registrant, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of names, amount owed per person and total amount. Debbie will create an invoice for your district.
To use Perkins FY18 funds that begin July 1, you cannot register until July 1. That’s why online registration is open until July 10.
EARLY BIRD MEMBER REGISTRATION RATES END MAY 15th, so don’t delay – register and make your hotel reservations today!
EXHIBITORS, your support of Colorado CTE is greatly appreciated! Watch for your registration site coming soon – hopefully by March 23….you will get an email with all the details!
LODGING: The conference hotel is the Beaver Run Resort! The CACTE hotel block has multiple types of rooms – get together with your friends and save money! Click here for Beaver Run Resort reservations!
|ROOM TYPE||GROUP DISCOUNTED RATE PER NIGHT||SLEEPS UP TO
|Hotel room||$149||4 people|
|Breckenridge Studio||$179||4 people|
|Colorado Suite||$189||4 people|
|Summit Suite||$199||4 people|
|One Bedroom Suite||$209||4 people|
|One Bedroom Suite – Building 4||$229||4 people|
|Two Bedroom Suite||$261||8 people|
|Two Bedroom Suite – Building 4||$261||8 people|
OVERVIEW OF CACTE CAREERTECH SUMMIT SCHEDULE
Sunday, July 15, 2018 – BOARD DAY
- Board meeting and packet stuffing, 3:00 – 6:00 pm
Monday, July 16, 2018 – PRECONFERENCE DAY
- Registration open 7:00 am – 5:30 pm
- CTE credentialing session w CCCS, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- PD-Raising the Bar for Learning with Technology with a team from Apple Education, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- PD-Innovation in Schools with Apple with a team from Apple Education, 1:30 – 4:30 pm
- NEW-Concurrent Enrollment Summer Summit, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- CTSO state officer training, 8:00 – 4:00 pm
- Exhibitors open in evening
- Welcome Reception – plan to arrive by Monday early evening! 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- After Party at The Hub, 7:00-9:00 pm
Tuesday, July 17, 2018 – GENERAL CTE INTEREST DAY
- Morning Walk, 6:30 – 7:15 am
- Registration open 7:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Division Meet & Greet/Continental Breakfast, 7:45 – 9:00 am
- Exhibitors open all day
- Opening General Session with keynote speaker, Mark Perna on “Using a Powerful Narrative to Revolutionize the CTE Paradigm”, 9:00 – 11:30 am
- General interest CTE breakouts, 11:40-12:30, 2:10-3:00, 3:30-4:20
- Legislative Luncheon, 12:40 – 2:00 pm
- Dinner on-your-own
Wednesday, July 18, 2018 – DIVISION DAY
- Yoga, 6:15-7:15 am
- Registration open 7:00 am – 12:00 noon
- Exhibitors open until 1:30 pm
- CCCS Update/Continental Breakfast, 7:30-9:15 am
- Division-planned activities, 9:45-5:30 pm
- Luncheon – sit by division, 12:00 – 1:15 pm
- Optional Division dinners or dinner-on-your-own
Thursday, July 19, 2018 – AWARDS DAY
- Morning walk, 6:30 – 7:15 am
- Registration open 7:15 – 8:00 am
- CACTE Business meeting/Continental Breakfast, 8:00 – 9:30 am
- General interest CTE breakout, 9:40 – 10:20 am
- Closing General Session with ACTE past president Lorri Carlile and CACTE Excellence Awards Presentation, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Box lunches – grab and go OR sit, eat and continue networking, 12:10 – 1:30 pm
- New Board Orientation & box lunch, 12:20-1:45 pm
Save July 15-19 – celebrate CTE Reaching New Heights at the 2018 CACTE CareerTech Summit!